RIBF UEC Charter
The RIBF Users Group (RIBF-UG) is an organization of scientists and research personnel who are interested in accelerator-based research at the RI Beam Factory (RIBF) operated by the RIKEN NishinaCenter (RNC).
The purposes of the RIBF-UG are as follows:
- To provide a formal channel for the exchange of information between the RIBF administration and the scientists who utilize this facility for research.
- To provide advice and feedback to the RNC Director on matters relating to the development and operation of the RIBF.
- To promote and enhance the effective use of the RIBF by collecting users concerns.
- To act as a supporting and consulting body for the RIBF The RIBF-UG maintains communications through appropriate means, such as regular meetings, electronic mailing lists, shared data bases, and webpages.
The membership of the RIBF-UG is open to scientists and research personnel who are interested in accelerator-based research at the RIBF.Applicants are requested to register to the RIBF-UG.The registration is maintained by the User Support Office in the RNC.It is the responsibility of the users to provide the User Support Office with current information.
Users Executive Committee
The Users Executive Committee (UEC) conducts group business of RIBF user group.
- The election for the UEC members is held every two years.
- Three experimentalists and two theorists are elected at an election.
- The term of office of the UEC members is four years.
- If necessary, a few supplement members can be appointed by UEC, whose terms of office are two years.
- The Chair of the UEC represents the RIBF-UG, whose term of office is two years. The Chair is elected by the UEC from among its members.
- The Vice-Chair(s) who supports the Chair is elected by the UEC from among its members.
- The bylaws for the election are separately given.
Bylaws for the election of UEC
1) The election of the UEC members is carried out in March of every two years, and the term of offices of the new members start in April.
2) No UEC member will be eligible for the next election.
3) Chief scientists and associate chief scientists of RNC are also not eligible for elections.
4) One RNC liaison member is appointed by the RNC Director.
5) UEC may select a few additional members by considering the research fields and institutions of the UEC members.
6) The term of office of the Chair starts from the second year of his/her term.
7) The first Vice-Chair is selected from newly elected UEC members. This Vice-Chair becomes the Chair after one year.
8) The term of office of the second Vice-Chair is for two years, which starts from the third year of his/her term.