Access to Symposium Site
The sessions will take place at the Conference Room of RIBF Building in RIKEN Wako Institute.
Most of the foreign participants should fly to Tokyo/Narita Airport (NRT). By taking trains from NRT, it takes about 2 hours to Wako-shi Station of Tobu Tojo Line which is the nearest station to RIKEN Wako Institute.
Access information and a campus map are available in the RIKEN website (http://www.riken.jp/engn/r-world/riken/campus/wako/index.html). Please download the two PDF files there (Access to RIKEN and Campus Map).
Additional comments about the access to Wako-shi:
- An economical route (1,400 yen) is to take a Limited Express (ordinary train) of Keisei Main Line from NRT to Nippori. Take JR Yamanote Line from Nippori to Ikebukuro, and then Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro to Wako-shi.
- A new Keisei Line (Narita Sky ACCESS) will be in service from July 17, 2010. The new Skyliner will connect NRT and Nippori in 36 minutes. For more details, visit the Keisei Electric Railway website (http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/index.html).
- There is a direct connection by airport bus from NRT to Wako-shi Station cooperated by Keisei Bus and Seibu Bus. The time table in the RIKEN website may be out of date. The departures from NRT Terminal 2 are 8:35, 9:55, 16:10, 17:30, 19:00 and 20:50. The departures from Wako-shi Station are 5:45, 6:45, 12:45, 14:15 and 15:45.
Important locations in the RIKEN campus:
- One should enter the RIKEN campus from the West Gate [H-8] or the Main Gate [G-4]. Only the West Gate is open in weekends.
- The conference room is on the 2nd floor of the RIBF Building [E-3 (45)]. The entrance of this building is on the side of the parking lot P-4.
- On Monday evening, we will join the BBQ party which is held in front of the RIBF building [E-3 (45)].
- We will have the conference dinner on Tuesday evening at Hirosawa Club [F-8 (24)].
- Some participants stay in the Nishina Lodge [E-2 (18)] and the International House (Sakura House) [E-1 (5)].